Q. As a new student, how do I log into my YCCC account?
Every new student must change their starting, temporary password before they can log into anything else. Here is how to do that.
Before you can log into your YCCC account for the first time, you need to replace your temporary password with a new password that you create. You can follow the below steps to reset your “expired” temporary password that was generated when your account was created.
Your default login information should be as follows
Username: sFirstNameLastName (like sJohnSmith)
Password: Yc#ID_NUMBER (replace ID_NUMBER with your student ID number)
Steps to change your temporary password
1. Using your username and temporary password, you need to log into your YCCC email account found at this URL: https://mail.yccc.edu/owa The email page looks like this:
2. Enter your username, and your temporary password into the appropriate fields, and click sign in.
3. When you click sign in, you should now see a message that says your password has expired and needs to be changed. Enter your username and temporary password once more in the username and current password fields.
4. In the New password and the field below it, enter a new password (the fields must match). Your new password has to follow the below guidelines:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Contains both numeric and alphabetic characters*
- A password history of 6 instances will be retained in the system. Meaning users can not repeat passwords until after 6 unique ones have been used.
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %, etc.)
- Your password cannot contain words or patterns from your username (three consecutive characters).
Once your password has been changed, you will use that same username and password to log into the college portal, Blackboard, your email, and the computers located on campus. If you have any issues please call the technical support hotline.