How do I use the FortiClient VPN?
You must have access rights to use the VPN features.
Using the FortiClient VPN
The FortiClient VPN application allows you to access work resources such as your work PC or file shares while you are not on campus but still have a Wi-Fi connection. This document outlines how to use the FortiClient VPN application.
- Click “Remote Access”.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right and select “Add New Connection”.
- Fill in the following settings:
- VPN: SSL-VPN
- Connection Name: YCCC VPN
- Description: YCCC VPN
- Remote Gateway: vpn.yccc.edu
- Customize Port (this should be checked off): 4343
- Client Certificate: None
- Authentication: Prompt at login
- Leave “Do not warn Invalid Server Certificate” unchecked.
- Your screen should look like this:
- Click Save
- Open the FortiClient app.
- Click Remote Access if needed.
- Enter your YCCC username and Password.
- Your username is the front part of your email address. For example, ppicasso for Pablo Picasso.
- Your password is the same as you would use for email, BrightSpace and the MyYCCC portal.
- Click Connect.
- If the status percentage (above the VPN name) stops at 10%, check your taskbar for another FortiClient icon. If you see it, click on it to bring up the certificate screen. Click Yes or OK to accept and allow the connection.
7. You can now close the VPN window by clicking the “X” at the top. You’ll stay connected to the VPN as shown below.